Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

YTD with 12 rolling months.i want to dynamically select a month and should show YTD with fiscal year calculation

I want to show it in a straight YTD with 12 rolling months. If i select month - july , it should show calcuations from april to july ( with current year YTD calculations ) , March n previous months with last year YTD calculations. Could anyone please suggest the solutions?

6 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I keep trying, but I can't make any sense of what you're saying. Perhaps if you posted some example data and what you want your final chart to look like based on that data?

Not applicable
Author

I think I understand what you want.

I had to create a in year and full year selection for my data.

I had to take the financial year and recreate it in script using period and then adjusting for my financial year start month ie april.

This then meant I had another finyear dimention that I used in selections along with values.

3 values tables in script , one for full year, one for balance to year and one in year. which formed a savings table.

Reading that back its probably more confusion, I don't have the script at hand to insert.

Not applicable
Author

You can use set analysis along these lines

=sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month))>$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month)-1)"}>} [Amount])

That one is for current month. I got it from a good report from the Qlikview Community that I'm attaching

Not applicable
Author

Another person in our team has succeed in completing that. What we needed was dynamic YTD calculations. There is date fields, which has values for 3 years, financial year starts on april. if one person select a month may 2010 . it will show values of month april and cumulative sum of april and may on May . march will have ytd values of the last year . february will have the values of last year till february. It should show only twelve months.

Not applicable
Author

Can you please post the expression that you used to calculate the cumulative month results?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

sorry for the late reply. You can use variables to build that function.its checking whichever the months will come under the current fiscal year. will do calculation until tat and for the months which fall under the previous fiscal year will show the values of previous year.when u use variables to do it,it will have more workload on the memory. i dont think there will be any other solution