Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

above function if condition in expresion should not change with date

Team,

I am using the below expression as "Classification"" .However I don't want the expression to be changed with dimension ""DATE""

Can I use below expression with set analysis to avoid getting affected by DATE.

=if(Above($(vkpivalue))>4 and Above($(vkpivalue),0)>4,'Alarmed',
if(-rangesum(($(vkpivalue)>4),(Above($(vkpivalue),1)>4),(Above($(vkpivalue),2)>4),(Above($(vkpivalue),3)>4),(Above($(vkpivalue),4)>4),(Above($(vkpivalue),5)>4),(Above($(vkpivalue),6)>4))>=4,'Highly utilized',
if(-rangesum(($(vkpivalue)<3),(Above($(vkpivalue),1)<3),(Above($(vkpivalue),2)<3),(Above($(vkpivalue),3)<3),(Above($(vkpivalue),4)<3),(Above($(vkpivalue),5)<3),(Above($(vkpivalue),6)<3))>=6,'Low utilized',
'Standard')))

10 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

how vkpivalue variable is calculated?

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

what is the definition of the variable vkpivalue

aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

PFA the sample qvw.

vselectedkpi1 =Trim(SubField(concat(GetFieldSelections(KPINAME,'|',100),'|'),'|',1))

vkpivalue is the value of KPI selected

=MaxString({$<KPINAME={'$(vselectedkpi1)'}>} KPIFORMULAS)

My classification gets changed when date is selected. for example-->13/08/2015 without any date selected is-->ALARMED

but as soon I select the same date from staright table the classification gets changed.

I know that above function works on physical rows .........but I need the classification to retain on selected date.(May be either by keeping tow staright table one static and one dynamic. But not able to do that.

Can I compare the KPI values  at run time  and generate same output without using ÄBOVE"" either throught set analsyis?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Impossible to say with the amount of information you have For this type of question, a qvw with your data or a representative sample is necessary.

Preparing examples for Upload - Reduction and Data Scrambling

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear Jonathan,

Attached the qvw .

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

change KIPVALUE expression to

only({<DATE>}$(vkpivalue))

see if it helps

Sasi

aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Dear Sasidhar,

Thanks for the response.

However after using the above expression for KPi values --> when you filter to date selection the whole table gets displayed instead of the single date selection .

we must show only the filtered date but with "CLASSIFICATION"UNCHANGED.

Kushal_Chawda

change variable vselectedkpi1 to

Trim(SubField(concat({<DATE=>}GetFieldSelections(KPINAME,'|',100),'|'),'|',1))

aj0031724
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

'Dear Kush,

Thanks .

But  Trim(SubField(concat({<DATE=>}GetFieldSelections(KPINAME,'|',100),'|'),'|',1)) expression resulting in empty straight table.