Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yogitamehta10
Creator
Creator

absolute and Relative value using dual function in stack bar chart

Hi ALL,

i want to show absolute and relative using  dual function in qlikview stack bar chart .

e.g 40(12%)

my expression for calculating absolute value is   sum(sales).

relative values is sum(spend)/sum(sales)

any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Mine, Won't help for you? I thought to show in document. Can you check this

Capture.PNG

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I'm not really sure what the question is. If you want to use the dual function for this, why not use the dual function for this?

Dual(sum(Sales),sum(spend)/sum(sales))

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps this?

Dual(sum(Sales) & '(' & Num((sum(spend)/sum(sales)),'#,##,#0%') & ')',sum(sales))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
yogitamehta10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ALL,

i want to show two  value in stack bar chart , Not sure how to do that ?

e.g 40(12%)

my expression for calculating a value is   sum(sales).

% values is sum(spend)/sum(sales)

Bar should not be effected by  % value

any ideas?

yogitamehta10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi ALL,

i want to show two  value in stack bar chart , Not sure how to do that ?

e.g 40(12%)

my expression for calculating a value is   sum(sales).

% values is sum(spend)/sum(sales)

Bar should not be effected by  % value

any ideas?

Or
MVP
MVP

The best idea I have for you is - don't.

You shouldn't display a stacked bar where one value is numeric (a number, e.g. sales) and the other is relative (e.g. % profit). Stacking these does nothing except making them difficult to read - there's no sense to be made from one bar being taller than another if they're composed of two completely unrelated values.

Instead, use separate bars (with a separate axis) or better yet, a combination chart with one value as a bar and the other as a dot.

yogitamehta10
Creator
Creator
Author

This is what user want , I can't change the requirement

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Mine, Won't help for you? I thought to show in document. Can you check this

Capture.PNG

yogitamehta10
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Great, Please flag correct answer. Ref - Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful