Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Make your voice heard! Participate in the 2020 Wisdom of Crowds® Survey. BEGIN SURVEY
Highlighted
shayraber
Contributor

aggregation

hi,

i'm facing an issue while trying to do the following (i'll try to illustrate with an image attached).

i wan't to sum all data which is most recent (latest time-stamp for each value of my dimension) record per a dimension value

in my example the latest record time-stamp is: 02/12/2014  16:05 for all of the dimension values BUT that's NOT the case necessarily.

please assist me if you have a solution in mind,

thanks,

Shay

3 Replies
Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: aggregation

Please see attached.

I have created a Flag in the script which flags the max date across the host.

Highlighted
shayraber
Contributor

Re: aggregation

Hi Zohaib,

Unfortunately, it does answer my question since I probably didn't explain myself good enough.

This is a hard coded solution while what I need is a dynamic one.

The set of data which I tried to demonstrate at the attached .xlsx file is only one out of hundreds of sets.

What I mean is that the data contains hundreds of record sets.

Since I can’t see any other solution I’ll create that table at the script while what I need is something that being calculated on the fly but due to the relatively low number of record sets it will be the fastest solution.

It’s not what I was looking for but it helps

Highlighted
Not applicable

Re: Re: aggregation

Hi Shay,

See attached, which will perform calculations on the fly.

Note by creating flags in the script the chart performance is much better. For what you are needing I have used the AGGR and RANK function.