Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Margaret
Creator II
Creator II

associate variable from input box to specific row

Hello QlikView friends,

How can I associate information entered through an input box with a single row in a loaded table?

I have a table box that looks like this:

Table Box

EventID                     Narrative                              Follow Up Method

129                  didn’t wash hands

130                  didn’t complete paperwork

I have an input box where I want to type in that I made a phone call to follow up on EventID 129

Input Box

EventID         vFollowUpMethod

129                  Phone Call

I have a button labeled “Save” that sets vFollowUpMethod = to whatever went in the input box, then reloads.

I want the table box to then include the contents of vFollowUpMethod =

Table Box

EventID                     Narrative                              Follow Up Method

129                  Didn’t wash hands                        Phone Call

130                  didn’t complete paperwork

How do I get “Phone Call” to be stored and displayed only for EventID 129? (So that I can subsequently enter and save a different Follow Up Method for EventID 130?)

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't show that values of variables in table boxes. Only fields can be added to table box object. Perhaps you can use an input field instead. You can add that to the table in the script. See the online help for more information.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Margaret
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I have assigned the variable value to a field in a table and shown it in a table box. I just need to restrict it to the row with the corresponding EventID.

But I'll look at Input Fields as well. I didn't know such a thing existed. Thx.

MarcoWedel

can you post a sample of this solution?

thanks

regards

Marco

Margaret
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Here it is.

I also tried to tell the "Save" button to clear the variable/listbox fields after loading them so that someone could enter follow up info for another event but it doesn't work.

(Input fields won't work because when its on a server they don't get saved for the next person 😞  )

Thanks!

Margaret
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Is there a way to bump my post up so people will start to see it again? Viewing seems to have dropped off...