Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

automatically load all Data from directory

Hi,

I have several CSV data in Directory for example C:\test\. The all Data have the same filed. In every month come the new date in this directory for actual month.

For example:

1) Date_1 (data from January)

2) Date_2 (data from February) and.....

How can I load automatically the all Data from Directory: C:\test\*.csv in QVW and concanate all together automatically in one table?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hey i use to do the same many times . Put as many as xls file in you folder it will come to your doc.

Use the Below in your edit script

SET MODELED_Folder="C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MY_Report";

for each file in filelist('$(MODELED_Folder)\*.xls')
load*
from $(file)(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);
next file

If req any help or query ... invited 🙂

Regards

Ashwin

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Something like the following should work

SET vDirectory = 'C:\QlikView\Data\'; Data: LOAD * FROM [$(vDirectory)*.qvd] (qvd);

or in case of csv

SET vDirectory = 'C:\QlikView\Data\'; Table:LOAD *FROM // enclosed in case there are some blanks in the path(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);

If all files have the same number and name of fields, they will be concatenated implicitly with no need of loop or conversion.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi ,

the statemant you need will look like this:

LOAD

YourFields

FROM [Date_*.xls] (biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);

Are field names the same QV automatically concatenate it.

Good luck!

Rainer

Not applicable
Author

Hey i use to do the same many times . Put as many as xls file in you folder it will come to your doc.

Use the Below in your edit script

SET MODELED_Folder="C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\MY_Report";

for each file in filelist('$(MODELED_Folder)\*.xls')
load*
from $(file)(biff, embedded labels, table is Sheet1$);
next file

If req any help or query ... invited 🙂

Regards

Ashwin

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks, that works perfekty.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Just wanted to thank you because this post has saved me a LOT of time.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

I read your reply with interest and have a similar problem. I have a lot of "identical" files that are snapshots taken on different days. For convenience they have been organised into folders by month i.e. I have a directory for a specific report with folders Jan, Feb, Mar etc. I know I can lift all the files from within one of these folders through a single load statement but is there a way to lift all those in the subfolders without having a separate load statement for each subfolder?

I'm just starting with QV and have a lot of files that are organised this way that I would potentially want to lift into QV.

Thanks

K

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Kathryn,

As far as I know (have tested) LOAD in conjunction with "*" works with the current directory only, either one set manually, variable, using the "Directory;" statement or using the current one (when no directory is set).

So to loop in a given tree structure, you should use a loop function, creating variables so you get the next directory to be read, and once there, yes, using the "*" to load all files within it. There are many posts about this, this one, for example.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel

Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for. I had looked through the community site but didn't find that post - think I need to work on my searches Smile

with thanks

Kathryn