cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

bar chart

I have show trendline in a Bar chart.

For eg:

The total no of students in 3 class for the 3 years. i need to joint the max value for each class through a line.. basically showing the trend for consecutive years.

But the trendline is not showing in correct way .

Please somebody can help 😞

17 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Can you post an example?

Not applicable
Author

For eg:

There are three different bar with values 15, 50 ,35 . i need to join them through a ref line . where ref line takes the max value for each bar i.e15 50,35.. like these there are 3 Bars for each year in total if we have to join according to there max value.

i tried reference line option in presentation page and trendline option in expression page.. but with no positive result..

Thanks

amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

You can try converting the chart into a combination chart and then in display options select both Bar and Line for the expression. This will give you both the bar and Line joining the values.

Rgds,

Amit.

Not applicable
Author

Doesn't work .. Sad

Not applicable
Author

I started buildng a new combo chart I don't know selecting combo chart .. the line option is coming disabled..

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Is there any chance you could post your QVW, or at least a small example of a QVW so that we can provide more direct help.

amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II

See attached sample. Hope this helps.

If not then as Nigel suggested, pls upload sample of your qv for us to understand and help you with your query.

Rgds, -Amit.

Not applicable
Author

Thankyou Amit,

The sample QV is showing what exactly i am trying to do for different expression . but the problem that is Coming is in combo chart the option for Line is being disabled..

Sorry I am new to this Community. I am not able to load my QVW File here for your ref .. can you guide 🙂

amit_shetty78
Creator II
Creator II

Pls see the following post on how to post in the forum:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/15787.aspx

For enabling Combo chart:
Right click Chart >> Properties>> General Tab
>> Select Chart type as combo(The third from left in the top row)
Once this is selected you should be able to select both Line and Bar in the expression selected in Expressions tab.

Rgds,
Amit.