Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

business intelligence skill development-expert's advice

Hey guys! I have to make some career related decision and I would really appreciate your insight on this matter. I have a couple of years’ experience in Qlikview and want to further improve my skill sets. My goal is to understand business intelligence in its entirety and developing command over ETL process and building user interface. I want to learn a new tool that uses my knowledge acquired from Qlikview experience and further sharpen my skills in dealing with large data set. I am more interested in ETL as I believe learning an ETL tool will be a great combination with a reporting tool such as qlikview (do let me know if I am wrong). I find myself confused in deciding the best tools among a range of tools (Informatica, SAS, Hyperion, BO etc.) available in market. I look for a BI/ETL tool  that enhances my ability to play with a large data set, complements my Qlikview experience, and helps me groom as a robust BI Consultant. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Hi everyone,

my friends query went un-noticed, would somebody like to share their insights please?

gwassenaar

msolomov

hic

Robert_Mika

Avinashelite

Manish Kachhia

Thanks and regards,

Sunny

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

There are 35 views at the moment of my writing.  Question didn't went unnoticed.  It is just a different type of question, much harder than, for example, set analysis...  Even with the technical questions there are often more than one correct answer, and all depends on your preference.  It is much more so with the career decisions.  Every decision is right and every decision is worng because by choosing one path you typically abandon or postpone another.

This sort of advice may possibly be given by somewone who knows you personally and professionaly rather than technical experts, I think.

I could be wrong, let's see if anyone ventures to give another answer.

Regards,

Michael

sunny_talwar

Hahahaha ya, I need to correct my usage of words here... I should have said unanswered ... but I caught your attention....

Sunny