Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikasmahajan

c= a+b column total in pivot

Find attached QVW and excel sheet have  Group A,B, C  ... like this columns now I want to display

C =  A+B  in total of pivot.

How to achieve the same

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

to do that correctly you need to introduce a new dimension that will group A & B together.

See attached as example

View solution in original post

8 Replies
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

column(1)+column(2)

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

or if you label the expressions, you can use the labels as well. See attached

vikasmahajan
Author

Dear Sir ,

Thanks reply Actually I want total in attached excel format please refer and give solution.

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I really don't see any difference between excel and QV. Could you please elaborate?

vikasmahajan
Author

I have different types of groups like A,B,C etc  in pivot report now I want group total suppose c= a+b

please see image attached.

Vikas

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

to do that correctly you need to introduce a new dimension that will group A & B together.

See attached as example

vikasmahajan
Author

using new group and following expression solved my problem.

sum(if(wildmatch(Type,'Expense'),Amount * -1,Amount))

and if you don't want show Expense amount in negative then go to Number tab select Integer/Fixed to

and set below pattern

#,##0.00;#,##0.00;

Thanks

Vikas

kavicsgym
Creator
Creator

Hi All,

Grouping seems ok in a simple example, but normally you have much more different blocks in a P&L where you have to sum up the Totals. Pls. see the modified xls from above, as an example, and the colored 'blocks'.

Then you may need 3-4 or more columns for grouping, and it will be very confusing in a Pivot chart.

So how to cope with that, or am I misunderstanding something? (I work on a PandL right now.... 🙂  )

Enikö