Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

calculating balances

I wanna bring drill down into my table and 

Note: closing balance of the previous year (Dec) should be moved to opening of the next year(Jan).

Find attached.

Regards

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try the following expression:

If(if(RowNo(TOTAL)=1,0, Above(TOTAL [Closing balance])) = 0, sum([Opening balance]), if(RowNo(TOTAL)=1,0, Above(TOTAL [Closing balance])))

Also Attaching your document.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

It may not be doing what you wanted, but see if this is what your intention was.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

Hello Sunindia,

This almost wat i wanted but the carryover of closing bal (Dec) to (Jan) from year to year isnt working also when i click on a particular month the opening bal. changes from the value that was there before i clicked on it.

Not applicable
Author

Also i believe above wont give accurate answer because. its the previous month balance which is month - 1

sunny_talwar

Not sure what you mean, Can you put together a table which shows the output you are expecting for 2014 and one table with the expected for 2015. May be then I will be help.

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

This is exactly what i wanna see on my table but it should have drill down you see how the values are carried to the next month and next year. this what i want to achieve but in drill down what do i do

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Table1:

Load * From YourQVD.qvd;

NoConcatenate

Table2:

Load

If(RowNo() = 1, 0, Previous([Closing balance])) as [Opening balance]

Blah,

Blah,

Blah

Resident Table1

Order By Year, Month;

Drop Table Table1;

Note : May be you need to format your month as Date#(Month,'MMM') as Month

Not applicable
Author

Hello Manish,

I tried this but it didn't pass Closing balance value of a particular month to the month opening balance.

Not applicable
Author

Find attached what I got