Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

can a link made as dimension?

can a link made as dimension in QlikView?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can't make a direct link, but you can format the dimension to look like a link (blue text, underlined) and use the fact that when you select in a chart, you make a selection in the dimension field. Set a trigger to the dimension field in document properties\triggers > field event triggers\on select > external\open url and use e.g.

'$(=Link)'

in the url field

View solution in original post

9 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Never tried but I think you can ...

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

no, but you can hide the dimension column and show the link as an expression (depending on chart)

ganeshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Raghu,

Can you elaborate your question with example, so that we can help. For this kind of generalized questions you won't get Proper answers...

Cheers,

Ganesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

'view'&'<url>'&[Fieldname]

You can add this in the expression area

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You can't make a direct link, but you can format the dimension to look like a link (blue text, underlined) and use the fact that when you select in a chart, you make a selection in the dimension field. Set a trigger to the dimension field in document properties\triggers > field event triggers\on select > external\open url and use e.g.

'$(=Link)'

in the url field

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Raghu

I faced a similar challenge. Maybe my solution somehow help you.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Piet, It worked

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dass

stigchel
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

You're welcome. If this has answered your question, can you please mark the relevant answer correct. It will close the thread, help others find correct answers for similar issues and let other contributing members know this requires no more attention.