Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

change dimentions in fast change

HI want to display different dimentions when changing between Bar chart  and St. table

Ex: for bar chart

Display CustomerNo, Sales

for St. Table

Display [CustomerNo], [Customer Name], Sales

is this possible or should go with Container

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Not possible. Fast type change puts a different chart type over the straight table equivalent of the basic chart. The structure of this straight table equivalent won't change.

As you already mentioned yourself, you could define multiple chart objects and put them in a container, or you can define a few tightly aligned buttons that each show/hide different charts that cover the same area.

Best,

Peter

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I've often wished there was a "CurrentChartType()" function that could be used in conditional Dimensions and Expressions. Oh well, I'll keep dreaming.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

You need to use macro to get the current chart type, macros won't work in Ajax mode.  Instead of this Create two charts with the dimensions required and embed in a container.

This is the best way.

Regards,

Jagan.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That would be the cleanest feature to help solve this kind of "issue".

OTOH, I think it's not that difficult to enable the caption of say 3 aligned graphs, and simulate the Fast type change icon using three iconised graph representations. Those can be put on top of the chart caption and are hidden together with all graphs except the next one in sequence. A bit more work, but looks & operates the same.

The only thing for which I have no immediate alternative is the right mouseclick-menu of the Fast type change icon...

P.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks all for your inputs.

i went with Container, one with Chart and another one with St. table, users are fine with it.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you got the answer close this thread by giving Correct and Helpful answers to the posts which helps you in getting the answers.

Regards,

jagan.