Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

% change for N number of periods

Hi All,

I have two years of data each year has 13 periods, now I would like to show 13 periods % change of sales in a bar chart, comparing with its previous year same period. I tried it, however I failed. can any one help me to sort it out.

Note:  when user clicks on 2014-02  my bar chart has to show 13 bars with %change over the last 13 periods for the corresponding

13 periods from the selection.

Thanks.

Regards

John

6 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ankitaag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

PFA

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert Wassenaar

we need to show based on Period value that I have in data. we don't have flexibility to use date field there.

Regards

John

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then don't post an excel file with a date please. An example source file with wrong data doesn't help.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert Wassenaar

please help me on the following, my Financial year starts from Jun-08 every year and ends at Jun-07[MM-DD]

and I need to create periods, each period will have 28 days, for this normally we have 13 periods,however  if no of days remaining in a year is grater than 7 we need to take it as one more period. for this scenario I would like to show

13 periods % change of sales in a bar chart, comparing with its previous year same period. I tried it, however I failed. can you help me to sort it out.

Note:  when user clicks on 2014-02[YYYY-Period]  my bar chart has to show 13 bars with %change over the last 13 periods for the corresponding

13 periods from the selection.

Regards

John

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ankita Agarwal,

One more Question, Is it Possible to show the % change of those 13 periods by using the principle, [([currentperiod Sales]-[lastperiod Sales] )/[lastperiod Sales].