Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

change the font color - values on data points not a line

I have an expression in my chart that is just values on data chart, but I'd like the change the color of it and add it to the legend.  Nothing seems to be working.

12 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

I am not able to get you ,

what do you want to change color of bars?

Not applicable
Author

Hi parian17,

You should have more than 1 dimension OR more than 1 expression to show up in the legend.

The colors in the legend will be picked up from the colors of the expression.

Best is change the color of the expression as shown below.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Robinson

Not applicable
Author

No, not the color of the bars, the text color of the data point that are on top the of bars.  I have an expressions with just "Values of Data Points" checked. and nothing else.  Seems to respond to changes to the axis (not desired).

jeffmartins
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi parian17,

To change the color of the text on data points you need to change the text color in the expression.

Untitled.png

See the attached file. Hope it helps you.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Sorry for not being clear.  I'm not asking for the data points assosiated with the bar charts whatsoever.  I have a seperate expression from the bar chart that plots its values above the bar chart, but again no association to the bar chart.  I have an expression where the only thing checked is "Values on Data Points". Sorry for the confusion.

Not applicable
Author

It seems that the color will change when you go into Chart Properties->Axes and choose (for me) the top most bar chart in the list, then click Font->Color... the problem with this is that it is also changing the y-axis font color as well as the data points font color.  Still looking for a way to change just the data point font color.

narband2778
Creator II
Creator II

Hi guys,

same problem here but little bit tricky.

In the selection pane i have filed "Number" contains values 1 to 10.

I have a bar chart with the same dimension as "Number".

Now if i select a single value from the "Number" filed then in my Bar chart I want to see that particular dimension value(font) in different colour and remaining dimension values should be white or hidden.

Thanks In Advance,

Naresh

Not applicable
Author

This thread is so old that this may not be relevant, but I had the same problem and I just figured out that from the 'Expression' tab, if you update the 'Text Color' with your conditional 'IF' statement including the RGB colors on both the expression used for the "Values on Data Point" as well as including the conditional statement in the 'Text Color' for the "main" line graph expression it works! Update the 'Text Color' for both (all) expressions.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh,

Could you please help me with the codes on conditional IF statement for changing the text color, would be grateful if you could give me step-by-step method as I'm new to QlikView.

Awaiting with anticipation.

Best Regards,

Tony