Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III

chart presentation

I have a bar chart. Which shows 12 months of data.Thebar chart has three expressions. When a mouse is placed over any month of any expression the corresponding values is shown .

But I also have the average shown at the end of chart. When the mouse is placed over the average bar the values are not shown.What needs to be done for the values to appear in the average bar ?

For reference the bar chart has been attached herewith .

THANKS

Sriram

10 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Go to chart properties --> Expression tab --> Select values on data point.

Regards

ASHFAQ

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

No it should not be like this. The values should appear when mouse is just placed in any of the bar chart for any month . See attached file for reference.

similar way for the average bar chart

prieper
Master II
Master II

Chart - Properties - Expressions - Tickmark "Text as Pop-up"

HTH Peter

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

no it is not appearing as needed.Refer the attachement for requrirement.

Not applicable

How are you showing the averages in the chart? Is the attachment you sent from Excel or QlikView? Why don't you try adding trend lines?

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The attachement refers from the qlikview  chart only .If the mouse is placed over any months then the value of each of the expression pops up .

prieper
Master II
Master II

Then please check other settings or create the chart from scratch.

Peter

ssriramin19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

for each of the months if the mouse is placed on the top of the bar chart the values of corresponding expression appears. but not average alone. Even If I try to create a new chart , I am unable to get the value for average.

prieper
Master II
Master II

How do you calculate the average? Can you please post an example?

Peter