Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

combine tables to create new rows/columns based on logic

Hello community,

not sure if the heading is what I need as a result but please bare with me.

I'm struggling with a SAP-table structure and section access. I was told that the SAP-tables setup is correct my problem is that the fields for section access exclude each other in two tables.

Please have a look at the following screenshot:

SAP_Discount.PNG.png

Three tables - GLPCA, BSAD, VBRP

My task:

BSAD and VBRP are additions because here I can find the route to discount values which are assigned to a VKGRP inside VBRP.

In GLPCA I can already see the discount values but they have no VKGRP-assignment therefore I have to use fields in the other two tables to make that connection.

Now my section access needs to be based on VKGRP so that each user can only see their assigned VKGRP.

Because the VKGRP in GLPCA and VBRP exclude each other I was hoping to get your ideas on how to apply some QlikView magic to somehow combine the tables to hold all values I need. Maybe create new columns/rows and such.

If you look at the screenshot above the value of 67,42 (column GLPCA.PrCtrHW_KSL) is the discount value i need but it has no VKGRP in GLPCA but in VBRP.

Note that I still need the other values but these are already correctly assigned in GLPCA.

I've also attached a sample qvw (non-personal edition).

Thanks for your help,

Thorsten

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Didn't fully understand what did you mean by this:

"Because the VKGRP in GLPCA and VBRP exclude each other"

Antoine

michael_maeuser
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

isn´t this the result you want?

User: USER1

PW: USER1

Not applicable
Author

unfortunately not 🙂

With this I lose the VKGRP in GLPCA which holds all the other values for a sales group and I need to display these too.

@eruditio above section access example shows why VKGRP is excluded in GLPCA when selecting it in VBRP.

Not applicable
Author

I'll just have to push this

Not applicable
Author

I got to push this topic again because I'm still looking for a solution.

Would it be possible to use generic keys to solve my problem?