Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

concat and Aggr

I have a straight table like this

ID                       Provider                 Name                        Primary Name

11                         Chase                   Bryan                             David

11                           Chase                  Amelia                             David

I need to get table like this

ID                       Provider                 Name                        Primary Name

11                       Chase                     Bryan;Amelia            David

Help me how to write the expression .I need to concat Name

Thanks,

Venkata

4 Replies
Nicole-Smith

concat(distinct Name, ';')

Not applicable

Please create the straight table like below:

Dimension: ID

Expressions: Concat(Distinct Provider , ';')  Concat(Distinct Name, ';')  Concat(Distinct [Provider Name] , ';') 

You can't use concat inside aggr function for calculated dimensions.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Why would you not have ID, Provider and Primary Name as dimensions and simply the Concat of the Name as an Expression?

I suppose, it depends on what should happen if there were multiple Providers and Primary Names within the same ID.  Would that be Chase; Other or two separate lines?

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Steve . I tried using ID, Provider and Primary Name  in dimension and kept Name in the expression. It worked.