Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_venu
Creator
Creator

concatenate text field in the Pivot table

Hi,

I need to concatenate 2 two texts in the pivot table measure field.

I was able to use a expression as ' Value'. there is another text which would be having a value as '+' or '-'.

The pivot table would contain only one row of data. So i need to concat the 2 fields. please let me know how we can achieve this.

Thanks,

Venu

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Venu,

Could you attach any example file?

Regards.

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

My actual issue is ...in a pivot table..we have a numeric value whihc reprsents secs. This secs value can be a large number which can be seconds counts of more than 10 days also.

I have to convert this to a hh:mm:ss field. the column level dimension contains Months. And the row level dim is just the measure name.

So for a Value like 19686141, i would need 5468:22:21. (hh:mm:ss). If i use the Time# function in qlikview, i get the hours only till 24 hrs. so I am using diff formuals to get individual items.

for hrs: FLOOR(SUM(AVAILTIME)/3600)

for min: floor(MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),3600)/60)

for sec: MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),60)

All these are retrieving fine in seperate expressions. but when I need them in a single expression, I need to concatenate them in a single expression and then display.

I have attached the qlikview file for your reference. The field AVAILTIME needs to be hh:mm;ss format. I was able to et AVAILTIME_hh, AVAILTIME_mm, AVAILTIME_ss using above calc. now i have to display them in hh:mm:ss format. Also a snapshot of the desired output in excel is attached.

Venu

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

qlikview file.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You need to use interval() instead of time().

interval(sum(AVAILTIME)/(24*60*60),'hh:mm:ss')

While I wouldn't do this, concatenation is just &, so:

FLOOR(SUM(AVAILTIME)/3600) & ':' & floor(MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),3600)/60) & ':' & MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),60)

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot. Its working fine with the interval function.