Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlik_venu
Creator
Creator

concatenate text field in the Pivot table

Hi,

I need to concatenate 2 two texts in the pivot table measure field.

I was able to use a expression as ' Value'. there is another text which would be having a value as '+' or '-'.

The pivot table would contain only one row of data. So i need to concat the 2 fields. please let me know how we can achieve this.

Thanks,

Venu

5 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Venu,

Could you attach any example file?

Regards.

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

My actual issue is ...in a pivot table..we have a numeric value whihc reprsents secs. This secs value can be a large number which can be seconds counts of more than 10 days also.

I have to convert this to a hh:mm:ss field. the column level dimension contains Months. And the row level dim is just the measure name.

So for a Value like 19686141, i would need 5468:22:21. (hh:mm:ss). If i use the Time# function in qlikview, i get the hours only till 24 hrs. so I am using diff formuals to get individual items.

for hrs: FLOOR(SUM(AVAILTIME)/3600)

for min: floor(MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),3600)/60)

for sec: MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),60)

All these are retrieving fine in seperate expressions. but when I need them in a single expression, I need to concatenate them in a single expression and then display.

I have attached the qlikview file for your reference. The field AVAILTIME needs to be hh:mm;ss format. I was able to et AVAILTIME_hh, AVAILTIME_mm, AVAILTIME_ss using above calc. now i have to display them in hh:mm:ss format. Also a snapshot of the desired output in excel is attached.

Venu

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

qlikview file.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

You need to use interval() instead of time().

interval(sum(AVAILTIME)/(24*60*60),'hh:mm:ss')

While I wouldn't do this, concatenation is just &, so:

FLOOR(SUM(AVAILTIME)/3600) & ':' & floor(MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),3600)/60) & ':' & MOD(SUM(AVAILTIME),60)

qlik_venu
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot. Its working fine with the interval function.