Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

conditional show issue

This is an interesting one for 9.0!

I have a conditional show statement in one of the list box layouts (v_dropdown='National'), based on an input box selections(national, area, region)

If I select region, the list box is hidden(as expected), but if go back to national, it never comes back. The interesting thing is that the show mode for the same list box is NORMAL when i check object properties. I checked the layers, and every possible thing that i could. I also tested the variable value in a text box and there was no issue with that either

How can an object not appear in Front end when the SHOW MODE is NORMAL for that object? Also, this problem is NOT encountered for other objects like straight tables with the SAME LAYOUT CONDITION[:@]

Any clue?

Thanks,

Siddharth

15 Replies
kji
Employee
Employee

Overridable error messages are only those concerned with the calculation of the object, drawing related errors cannot be overriden.

Not applicable

Sorry, I don't completely understand your post.

I have set a calculation condition on an object which works correctly. When the calculation condition is not met, I expect the "Calculation condition unfulfilled" error message to appear. This can be overriden by using a custom message. It works exactly that way on a PT I have in my app and also on other charts but does not work on a Trellis chart. The Trellis chart always displays "Too few dimensions" when I use the calc condition. When I remove the calc condition the chart displays but displays incorrectly. I don't see why the rules for a Trellis would be different to every other type of object.

I'm using v9.0 SR5.

Try it and see if you get the same issue.

kji
Employee
Employee

I had a look at it and it seems that for trellis charts the code to split up the data into the individual trellises will run, discovering there isn't any dimension to split and thus give the "Too few dimensions" error, so defenitely looks like a bug.

Not applicable

Sid,

Please see file with the attached alternative solution.

K

siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II
Author

K,

Its working in 8.5, but not in 9.0

Thanks!

Not applicable

I am also on 9.0 SR3 and it is working fine.