Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

convert cumulative sales into monthly sales and plot it in bar graph

Hi

I have a product detail sheet with product name, year, month and cumulative sales

i want to show the monthly sales product wise in a bar graph. with product name on x axis and monthly sales on y axis

can anyone help me out with this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Can you show an example? I don't understand how you want to show cumulative sales in a bar chart.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert

my data look like this.

category       Product type       country     year     month     cum. sales  Monthly

abs                 p1                    US     2011       1              100                    ?

abs       

abs   

abs   
abs   

p1

p1       

p1

p1       

US

US

US

US

US 

abs2               p2                   UK     2011          1               500                    ?

abs2               p3                   UK        2012          3            700                    ?

I want to calculate monthly sales on each level for each category of every product type in each year and month

Is it possible in qlikview to calculate the monthly sales from cumulative sales

Gysbert_Wassenaar

So you want to un-accumulate the sales vales? Yes, that's possible. Sort the data by year and month and subtract each value from the previous value. If you can post a source file somebody can show you how to do it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please find attached the sample data and the output i want

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a ton Gaybert

it helped a lot.......

Not applicable
Author

Hi gwassenaar,

I was following your approach and it works good too; however I encountered a problem that for few month it is not behaving in the same way.

When I am using this into my file it calculates monthly sales from Cumulative sales but for month 7 in year 2014 it shows the same value of cumulative into the month sales which I checked in excel is not correct.

is there any specific condition which I  need to take care of.

Please help me on this...

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I'm afraid I don't have enough information. Month 7 in year 2014 is not specific enough. Which therapy, country, product, etc. etc.?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert , I got the thing done by changing the 'Key' which you created in your attachment( the key was not coming out to be unique in certain cases, so i changed it)

however i am facing issues with calculating Moving Annual Total(MAT) calculation in the same file..... for example how do i calculate MAT for month for Feb 2015(ie, period: March 2014-Feb 2015)

is there any way in which it can be done.....