Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

thanhphongle
Contributor II

creating a new field in the script by using several fields from different data sources

Hello community,

I want to create a new field called fi_pv_reg in the script by calculating several fields from different data sources

here is an exmaple of my table

MAP_INTEREST:

MAPPING LOAD

fi_interest_period,

fi_interest

FROM

main.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is finance);

Data:

LOAD *,

PV(fi_interest/12, contract_term_reg, fi_rate_reg, 0, 1)*-1 as fi_pv_reg;

Directory;

LOAD main_unique_id,

customer

asset_id,

asset_model,

contract_term_reg,

fi_rate_reg

FROM

main.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is main)

QV returns me an error message

Field can not be found - <fi_interest>

LOAD main_unique_id,

customer,

asset_model,

contract_term_reg,

fi_rate_reg,

FROM

lease.one_import.xlsx

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: creating a new field in the script by using several fields from different data sources

Does the fi_interest field exist on the main sheet of main.xlsx  ?

If so, you do not need the resident load, just add the expression to your Data load script

Data:

LOAD main_unique_id,

customer

asset_id,

asset_model,

contract_term_reg,

fi_rate_reg,

fi_interest,

PV(fi_interest/12, contract_term_reg, fi_rate_reg, 0, 1)*-1 as fi_pv_perc_reg

FROM

main.xlsx

;

View solution in original post

9 Replies
vvira1316
Valued Contributor II

Re: creating a new field in the script by using several fields from different data sources

HI,

You should use

Data:

LOAD *,

PV(fi_interest/12, contract_term_reg, fi_rate_reg, 0, 1)*-1 as fi_pv_reg

Resident MAP_INTEREST; (I see that other field is from different table, so my apology)

Would you be able to share sample data/script?

You have created a mapping table, but do not have an applymap statement to convert a date or period to a fi_interest value using the mapping table in your script.

You need to add a line something like the  example below  but using the correct period or date field

Directory;

LOAD

main_unique_id,

customer

asset_id,

asset_model,

contract_term_reg,

fi_rate_reg,

applymap('MAP_INTEREST', YOUR-PERIOD-DATA-FIELD, 0) AS fi_interest

FROM

main.xlsx

thanhphongle
Contributor II

actually I just posted the my whole script. If you mean sharing my qv-file, unfortunetly I can't share it

Hi Vijay,

Your solution will not work as the MAP_INTEREST table does not contain the fields contract_term_reg and fi_rate_reg.

The expression requires fi_interest, contract_term_reg and fi_rate_reg to exist in the same table.

See my reply that includes the applymap statement.

vvira1316
Valued Contributor II

Hi Colin,

Yeah, I realized it later that it was coming from a different table and I was also wondering about mapping load.

Thanks for pointing it out.

BR,

Vijay

thanhphongle
Contributor II

Thx Colin for your help,

I tried another solution but I m not sure if its correct. So far I tested it and it has loaded the script correctly and the calculations are fine.

LOAD fi_rate_reg,

contract_term_reg,

fi_interest,

Resident Data;

Does the fi_interest field exist on the main sheet of main.xlsx  ?

If so, you do not need the resident load, just add the expression to your Data load script

Data:

LOAD main_unique_id,

customer

asset_id,

asset_model,

contract_term_reg,

fi_rate_reg,

fi_interest,

FROM

main.xlsx

;

View solution in original post

thanhphongle
Contributor II

No, it doesnt exist on the main sheet of main.xlsx

vvira1316
Valued Contributor II

Hi,

If you have it working. Can you please close the thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay