Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cross-tab tables like in Access

Is there a way to make a cross-tab table in Qlikview, similar to the cross-tab-query in MS Access?

How for instance can we show monthly sales performances in month columns (one column for each month)?

Thanks

6 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I haven't used MS Access, so I may not be understanding the question. But if you want one column for each month, you can make a pivot table and drag the month field to the top, or make a straight table by month and checkmark "horizontal" on the presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

This really solved my problem. Thank you very much

Albert Sarda

Not applicable
Author

I agree Jhon solution.And if you want do at the load level you can you use CROSSTAB Load.

Not applicable
Author

Hi.. Dragging the month to the top in a pivot works nicely but I have another predicament.

In a straight table, you can add a value column and add the same column again and then tick the relative option to see how much the value is relative to the total. It seems like this option is not available in a pivot table? (I converted a straight table to a pivot to get the cross tab, but then lost the relative values..).

Also, I don't know how I would create an expression to work out the relative value, since I would have to divide by the total?

Any ideas please?

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Something like this:

sum(Value)/sum(total Value)

Not applicable
Author

Ah yes, off course! Thanks.. My inexperience here didn't help. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll give it a go.