cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

customizing a pivot table

Hello I got a pivot table with 3 Dimensions D1, D2, and D3 and 4 expressions E1, E2, E3, and E4

under dimension D1 I checked the show partial sums so that I get the total at the bottom for all rows

Now suppose I get 7 rows in the pivot table under the expression columns, the client is requesting that he sees a row after the fifth row that has the totals for the five rows and then the 6'th and 7'th rows come beneath and finally at the bottom the total is shown which will be the sum of the values in the custom row and the 6'th and 7'th row

Is this possible?

as the only idea that I came up is to split the pivot table into two; but this is not a user friendly approach!!

Regards

I can walk on water when it freezes
4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Ali

I want to customize pivot table too, if you have any idea or find any solution please help me..

sahar

Regards,

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

Hello sahar

send me your request maybe I can help

my request is complex; maybe yours can be solved

I can walk on water when it freezes
georgedevries
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Ali,

My experience is that the Pivot type has some serious limitations.

If the dimensions are 'static' then you could use the following:

For the across dimension, solve by using a straight table object and define columns x through z using set analysis.

For solving the rows, use pick() with rowno() to get a seperate calculation for each row.

Of course, you'll also have to alter your down dimension in order to make this work.

For this, you can use valuelist() to define rows and subtotals.

Also, you need to leave the expression Total Mode to 'No Totals'.

Regards,

George

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe add a dimension D4 with one value for the first five, and another for the rest.  You'd get a subtotal for 6 and 7 that you don't need, and have to deal with looking at an extra dimension, but at least you'd get the subtotal for the first five that you wanted.  You could shrink the D4 dimension width until you don't see anything in it.  It's still a little ugly, but it might work.