Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cycle plot

Hi

Just a quickie as I don't think this is possible.  Is it possible to shoe horn a standard chart to create a cylce plot (http://www.cvast.tuwien.ac.at/sites/default/files/cycleplot-technique.png).  I suspect this may only be possible by creating an extension

which is beyond my abilities....

Thanks

Oli

PS Not the chart in the top right of the image.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure I like what I produced...

This chart is tricky since a second dimension in a line chart will be "stacked" and not "grouped" - and you want it grouped. So I had to combine Year and Month into one dimension. And use a color function to "break" the line.

But doing so, creates other problems: I was for instance not able to make the calculations in the UI, but had to precalculate some things in the script.

Hence - a kludgy solution...

HIC

Image1.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

QlikView can certainly do some of it... Post a data sample, and I'll see how far I can get.

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Hi Henric

I am honoured

I have attached some sample data and am really interested to see what you can produce and how.

Thanks

Oli

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Not sure I like what I produced...

This chart is tricky since a second dimension in a line chart will be "stacked" and not "grouped" - and you want it grouped. So I had to combine Year and Month into one dimension. And use a color function to "break" the line.

But doing so, creates other problems: I was for instance not able to make the calculations in the UI, but had to precalculate some things in the script.

Hence - a kludgy solution...

HIC

Image1.png

Not applicable
Author

You may not be very impressed with your own work; however I think you have done an incredible job with something I believed to be impossible without external help.  It shows you know this tool inside and out.  I will certainly pick up a few tips from this.

Oli

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I know it´s been a while since you posted your question but here is a post  from my WordPress Blog about using a QlikView extension for  Cycle Plots.

The text is in spanish but there are screenshots that you might find interesting.

Link: http://wp.me/p3SltN-b

Best