Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

date selection in slider

hi,

can anyone tell how to make the changes in chart based on slider selection.

for example, here i having a date in slider, if i select a dates from 1 to 15 th of particular moth then it should change the result in barchart i.e; the 1st to 15th dates data to be seen in barchart.

in the same way if i select 1st to 10th in slider it should get effect to barchart and should see only fist 10 days data.

Please share your ideas on this question, it will be helpful to me.

Thnks

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Venkat,

use Slider object with variable vRange

the expression would be

if(Day(Date)<= $(vRange),Date)

where Date is your field

this should satisfy your condition

regards,

Mukesh Chaudhari

Not applicable
Author

hi mukessh,

First thanks for your reply. but can you provide expression for slider which i asked i.e; not having with variable .

Not applicable
Author

hi venkat

U don't need expression in the slider object,just declare variable and use that variable in the slider

Not applicable
Author

The variable use in slider object will hold the value selected in the slider..This value is used to limit the number of days

hence no expression in variable

Not applicable
Author

HI mukesh

first create two variables in document properties --> variables and given values for first variable is "=min(Shift.Day)" and second variable is "=max(Shift.Day)".

And in slider Expression i given below expression . But this process is not working fine, i need to get the dates based on month selection i.e if i click on FEB month it should display only 28 days dates or if i am clicking May it should display 31 days dates.

=

if(Day(Shift.Day)>= $(vdatemin) or $(vdatemax) ,Shift.Day)

Please check this expression and reply me back what should i change to get exact output.

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

If you have a calendar, or at least a month field, set an empty variable in the slider (vDate), and the following as min limit

=MonthStart(Max(Date))

And max limit

=MonthEnd(Max(Date))

Now in the slider properties, go to Number, select Date, and leave the format as

DD

So it will only show the days of the month. That will return the numeric value of the date, so you will need to use Date(vDate) to interpret it.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

HI Miguel,

First of all thanks for your reply.

I done the same thing what you said in your post but when i drag the slider to particular date (i.e1 or 2 or 3 or 4, etc) it is not effecting to the sheet objects. Here i need to get, based on the date i selected the other objects in the sheet should display its output.

I hope you understand my problem, if any doubt please reply me with a question.

Thnks

Not applicable
Author

hi miguel,

I am trying to use only with Field in Slider but not with variables.

I tried with one expression in slider as seen in below, it is getting the dates of particular month which i select from listbox but not effecting to the sheet objects when i drag the slider for a particular date

i.e; if i select 21st of feb month then all the objects in sheet should display data of only 21st date data.

=if(Shift.Day='>=$(vdatemin) <=$(vdatemax)', Day(Shift.Day))

And also created a new two variables and there itself i given a values to both variables

first variable is "vdatemin" and its value is "=min(Shift.Day)"

second variable is "vdatemax" and its value is "=max(Shift.Day)"

Please can you look this and reply me where i had done the mistake.

Thnks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Please check attached application, using variables and fields, and how the amount varies.

Hope that helps.