Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

difference b/w Optimized qvd loading & normalized Qvd Loading

hi

can any one tel me difference b/w Optimized qvd loading & normalized Qvd Loading

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you load data from the QVD as such, i.e., no transformations, Order by, where condition etc. then it is an optimized load.  Optimized load is 100X faster than the unoptimized load.

Example:

Data:

LOAD

FROM TableName.qvd;

If you load data from the QVD with any no transformations, Order by, where condition etc. then it is an unoptimized load.  UnOptimized load is slower than the Optimized load.

Example:

LOAD

FROM TableName.qvd

WHERE Dept = 'HR';

OR

LOAD

Year(JoinDate) AS Year,

Month(JoinDate) AS Month

FROM TableName.qvd

WHERE Dept = 'HR';

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Optimization can be on the data model of the qvd or the data you are pulling in .

An optimized reload is the most efficient way of loading the data which is required in best relation and association .

Hence there are many precautions and techniques to have an optimized data model

See this document .

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4556

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Optimized qvd loading : loading directly from qvd without any transfomation(renaming of fields is okay) and filter. For better understanding refer : Re: optimize and non-optimze load in qvd 

Normalized qvd loading: not very sure where you have got this term from. Might be referred to Non-optimized.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you load data from the QVD as such, i.e., no transformations, Order by, where condition etc. then it is an optimized load.  Optimized load is 100X faster than the unoptimized load.

Example:

Data:

LOAD

FROM TableName.qvd;

If you load data from the QVD with any no transformations, Order by, where condition etc. then it is an unoptimized load.  UnOptimized load is slower than the Optimized load.

Example:

LOAD

FROM TableName.qvd

WHERE Dept = 'HR';

OR

LOAD

Year(JoinDate) AS Year,

Month(JoinDate) AS Month

FROM TableName.qvd

WHERE Dept = 'HR';

Hope this helps you.

Regards,