Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

difference between grid chart and scatter chart

Hi all,

I want to know the difference between grid chart and scatter chart.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
suniljain
Master
Master

Scatter Chart : The scatter chart plots data points representing combinations of expressions, iterated over one or several dimensions. Both axes are continuous, representing one expression each.

Grid Chart :The grid chart is a variant of the scatter chart that plots dimension values on the axes and uses an expression to determine the plot symbol. It can also show a third dimension in the form of small pie charts as plot symbols.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

Scatter Chart : The scatter chart plots data points representing combinations of expressions, iterated over one or several dimensions. Both axes are continuous, representing one expression each.

Grid Chart :The grid chart is a variant of the scatter chart that plots dimension values on the axes and uses an expression to determine the plot symbol. It can also show a third dimension in the form of small pie charts as plot symbols.

Not applicable
Author

Hi sunil

Thanks for your kind reply. And thats it ah. there is no another difference between both charts.

Thanks again in advance

suniljain
Master
Master

if you require any more help on the same. pls reply me

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunil

Sure and Thanks. Need one more help. Imagine you as a interviwer. you interview a person with one year experience. what are all the techinical question you are asking.

alis2063
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sunil ,

Its definition right.
could you please help me out through scenario ,in what situation we can use this chart?

Regards,
Ali