Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nazaninslp
Contributor III
Contributor III

different display between QlikView Desktop Edition and web server

Dears

I've created a dashboard in QlikView Desktop Edition. but when I want to report it to my manager in web server, the display of it changes.

for example below image is belong to QlikView Desktop Edition (container chart)

1.JPG

and below one is for web server when I uploading in server

2.JPG

please help me how can I fix this issue. their version is same but I can not find it how can correct it to show them in same presentation.

Thank you so much

6 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You're probably fighting layout differences between different clients. There are actually two: a QlikView client (like QV Desktop in regular display mode, and the IE-Plugin) and the AJAX-client (default in AccessPoint).

The advantage of the AJAX client is that

• it doesn't require an installation, just a supported browser
  • it is still being developed
  • it is still supported, while support for the IE-plugin has been halted since the last QV update (AJAX client is now 100% feature complete so no more IE-Plugin development)

If you want to know what your document will look like in the AccessPoint using the AJAX-client before you publish it, test it in QV Desktop using WebView (last icon on the design toolbar). You'll even get the AP rightmousebuttonmenu options for free (you'll see that they're different)

Best,

Peter

nazaninslp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you

it helped

nazaninslp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Peter

as different users are using this dashboard (by browsing the URL),is  the only way to do above set up for each client one by one?

is there any way to apply all features from the server setting once?

Thank you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If I understand you correctly, you want to configure a single client for all customers? That is perfectly possible. You can configure a client per document, globally for the entire server but not for a single user.

Open QMC and navigate to the Documents->User Documents->Server->Availability tab. In Access method, you can select which client will be available to open that document. If you have a Publisher, do not forget to configure the Document tasks as well, as the User Document settings will be overwritten by the task settings the next time the reload task runs.

Globally, you can only configure a Preferred client. Check QMC->System->Setup->QlikView Web Servers->Your Web Server->AccessPoint->Default Preferred Client.

nazaninslp
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Peter

I configured “Default Preferred Client” But No new action has been applied.

Is there any solution for this issue?

Thank you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The default "Preferred Client" is just a suggestion for a preferred client to be used when a user has never before opened a particular document. It doesn't force a particular client upon a user.

If you want to force a client on your users, goto QMC and disable all other clients.