Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

drill down not working on $FIeld technique

Dear Qlikview User

I was wondering if someone could kindly help me with a dynamic drill down group issue

I am trying to create a Chart with a dynamic drill down group, so when a user clicks on the table, they are able to drill down through the hierachy, but also make a selection from a list box also

I have managed to get the table to interact with my list box, however the drill down on the staright table is not working

Could someone kindly take a look and let me know what I need to do to rectify the fact that I cannot drill down on the straight table

Kind Regards

Helen

8 Replies
sunny_talwar

There is only one field added in your drill-down group, what do you expect to see?

Capture.PNG

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sunny

Thanks for responding

I am just getting to grips with this technique of using the $Field and was not aware that I was selecting just one field

the $Field really help with the list box, but maybe not what I need for the drill down group

What I ideally need is so that the Drill Down goes through the Division - Care_Group - Treatment_Function hierachy, but the list box can also change the group to view on of the 3 dimension

I must admit, I am running out of ideas on how to achieve this

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to elaborate a little more on your requirement?

What I ideally need is so that the Drill Down goes through the Division - Care_Group - Treatment_Function hierachy, but the list box can also change the group to view on of the 3 dimension

What exactly are you trying to do? I mean how would you change the 3 dimensions that you see in the list box? Is this something you need dynamically?

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny

I am trying to copy the technique used within the post here:

Set the active field in a cyclic group.qvw

List Box:

The list box should allow the user to change the straight table to view data by EITHER  Division or Care_Group or Treatment_Function.

as an alternative

Straight Table

The user should be able to click on I.e. Division A and the Care_Groups within that Division be available for them to see

Does this help with my requirement

Kind Regards

Helen

marcus_sommer

For me isn't quite clear which added value could be reached with such an approach. I think I would simply add more fields within the cyclic group and/or using two or several cycling groups which are visible to a selection or a variable as condition, maybe something like:

if(getfieldselections(ListboxField) = 'value1', true(), false())

- Marcus

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Marcus

Thank you for your suggestion, but am not sure if I follow with regards to the suggested if function

Where would I place the if(getfieldselections(ListboxField) = 'value1', true(), false())

as a additional field within the cyclic group?

Kind Regards

Helen

marcus_sommer

I mean the conditions of the dimensions which also work on the dimension-groups:

- Marcus

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your help Marcus

I am almost there

Thanks

Helen