Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III

dynamic custom straight table

Hi Team,

I have inserted dynamic straight table. Data source i am not getting both the values - Cx managed and Cx enabled.

I have attached the qvw file.

When i export to excel i should get count of 57 k plus

Please can you help me?

Regards,

Savithri

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mystery solved, the issue is you have Suppress Zero-Values checked on the Presentation tab settings of your Straight Table for the PO / ReqNbr field, which is dropping all the 0 value rows because they are not showing in the Straight Table, the total shows due to your expression...  Simply unchecking the Suppress Zero-Values will do the trick, am attaching the QVW though with the change already done, so you can see what is wrong, as it will now export all the rows, and you will notice the 0 value rows, which are not in your Straight Table view...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

The App is protected by Section Access.

Kindly share without section access, or share the username password.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Kaushik

Please find the qvw file removing section access

Regards,

Savithri

sunny_talwar

What selection have you made in _Dimension and _metrics? Also, are you expecting 57k rows in the table or 57k sum for $ Hours MTD or something else?

savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

57 k rows with dimension as po req nbr and data source and measure as $hours mtd

sunny_talwar

Based on the selections you mentioned, I see 57,371 rows... is that not right?

image.png

savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Rows count here shows right 57,371. When i export the same data to excel its shows 26574. Can you please help?

Regards,

Savithri

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mystery solved, the issue is you have Suppress Zero-Values checked on the Presentation tab settings of your Straight Table for the PO / ReqNbr field, which is dropping all the 0 value rows because they are not showing in the Straight Table, the total shows due to your expression...  Simply unchecking the Suppress Zero-Values will do the trick, am attaching the QVW though with the change already done, so you can see what is wrong, as it will now export all the rows, and you will notice the 0 value rows, which are not in your Straight Table view...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
savithri_n_s
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you soo much Brett

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just a further note on how I went about troubleshooting things for others.  I did what you were doing first to be sure I could replicate what you were seeing, and that was doable, so then I kept working on looking at things in more detail by looking in the Table Viewer etc. to see what the actual data model looked like and how things were linked.  I also did a List Box object on one of the fields to be sure there were not duplicates showing up there, which there were not, but that made it clear there were records missing, and that is when it occurred to me after having seen 0 value records in the Table Viewer that suppress zero values may be set...  Hopefully this may help folks in the future.  Thanks for marking things as solved too, much appreciated and glad I was able to help you on this one, normally I am not too good on the development posts, but I got lucky on this one! 🙂

Cheers,
Brett