Qlik Community

QlikView App Development

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

eClinicalWorks Data Dictionary or schema required

Hi,

Does anybody has eClinicalWorks application database schema or database dictionary?  Please share.

Regards,

jagan.

6 Replies
Not applicable

Re: eClinicalWorks Data Dictionary or schema required

I'm fairly certain they don't publish it or even give access to it directly. You can access it via their eBO tool, which is a Cognos reporting layer. We schedule reports out of Cognos and have spent many weeks interpreting, normalizing, and pulling it into a SQL database structure. What are you trying to accomplish?

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  I need to generate Revenue and Gross Profit reports.  I found that edi_invoice table has consolidated invoice amount and payments.  But I need to arrive the break up of this amounts.  I found that InvoiceAmount is arrived from the edi_inv_cpt table, i.e, the sum of the BilledFee field in this table is exactly matching with the InvoiceAmount field in edi_invoice table for an invoice.  Like this I need the break up for Payment field in Edi_Invoice table.  I tried with all possible combinations in edi_invoice, EDI_PaymentDetail, EDI_InsPayments and EDI_Inv_Adjustments.  I don't know where I am missing.

Waiting for your reply Eric. 

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable

Hi Jagan,

Unfortunately I'm of no help. We pull only clinical information and I therefore have no experience on the payments side... I know how frustrating eCW can be to work with as well so I sympthasize with your situation

Eric

Not applicable

Eric, I am trying to pull patient information from eCw, I have the MySQL database as a linked server in SQL2008 but am having a hard time finding where this system is storing names, addresses. The client I am working with wants to send out surveys but does not want to pay the $ amount eCw wants to charge to extract this data. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Crawford

vikasmahajan
Esteemed Contributor

PFA sample may help you.

Vikas

brandon_d
New Contributor

I am just wondering if you have any update on this regarding any methods you have used to navigate the eCW database? I am currently facing the same issue with finding the appropriate fields for our builds within Qlik. 

Thank you in advance for any update you can provide!