Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

estimated month end result - how to show it in line diagramm

Hi all

How can I calculate an estimated month end result and show it in a line diagramm with daily values.

My issue is not to calculate this, it's how to put it in the diagramm by day!

Example Let's say we have November 14th, our current revenue is 25.000 and I have an average runrate of 1000 Euro every day.

So there should be a straight line with a slope of 1000 Euro for November 15th, 16th, and so on....

Thanks for your help!

Oliver

8 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

try using reference line

Not applicable
Author

Hey Sushil

I'm quite new to QlikView, what do you mean?

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Olive ,

Give a sample

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi,

In the presentation tab of object property there is box in the lower right hand called reference line.. click on Add to have a reference line in your chart.. in your case 1000 euro..

for more info : check out community with tag reference line

HTH

Sushil

Not applicable
Author

If I were you I woud create these lines in the script for exemple : if my dates stop in te 14t Nov. I would create more dates until the and of the Year, and add a field tat contain the calculated coming income.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Alaa

How could such a script look like? Could you give me an easy example? I will try to adapt to my model...

thanks for your help

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Oliver,

I had sth like that, but it's a while ago. I will describe it as best I remember.

- For a month-end "forecast", you must first calculate what you had (on average) on every single day of the month
   until now. Maybe you can put that into a formula and into a variable so you can re-use it next month.

- Next you need a formula that calculates the days remaining in the current month (you can distinguish workdays)

=> When you have both those numbers, you can just add to what you have today

>> [avg_day_result} x [remaining_days] <<

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

it is difficult to explain but :

First create a new field where you calculate your forcast in the end of the month, for exemple as an average AVG or a linear regression LINEST_M over the whole values of the month... then link this to te last day of each month.

This field will give you a projection value for each last day of the month.

is it OK ?