cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

expression showing zero value

=sum({<[Invoice Period]={" $(=date(MAX([Invoice Period]),'YYYY-MM'))"}>}[Actual Total]) is working but

=sum({<[Invoice Period]={"<= $(=date(MAX([Invoice Period]),'YYYY-MM'))"}>}[Actual Total]) is showing zero

object : textbox

tool :qlikview 12.x

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, I thought same earlier, I thought to ask stalwar1‌ or hic fortunately i missed that. Someway, I got to know the issue

=sum({<[Invoice Period]={"<=$(=date(MAX([Invoice Period]),'YYYY-MM'))"}>}[Actual Total]) is showing zero

Here, What i understand is Set analysis with some spaces won't allow. If you remove i believe this should work. Not really sure what is the cause..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

try this

what is the date format ?

=sum({<[Invoice Period]={'<= $(=date(MAX([Invoice Period]),'YYYY-MM'))'}>} Dsiticnt [Actual Total])

tresesco
MVP
MVP

This could be because your YYYY-MM formatted [Invoice Period] is possibly a text field. Text field comparison could work with '=' but not really with '<='. Ideally, you should create a dual date field in the script.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, I thought same earlier, I thought to ask stalwar1‌ or hic fortunately i missed that. Someway, I got to know the issue

=sum({<[Invoice Period]={"<=$(=date(MAX([Invoice Period]),'YYYY-MM'))"}>}[Actual Total]) is showing zero

Here, What i understand is Set analysis with some spaces won't allow. If you remove i believe this should work. Not really sure what is the cause..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Thank you for your suggestion.

It's a date and it is working  fine now after i followed Anil's suggestion and removed the space.

strange!!

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II
Author

Strange !! thats the case here. I have never encountered this bug(if it is a bug) before. its working fine now Anil. let me experiment a little and i will close the thread.

regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
sunny_talwar

Yes, Anil is right, for some reason spaces after <=, <, >, >= and before $() cause the expression to now work.... so don't have them

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Any reason, What it could be and If we use in script looks like we've got as expected like

If(Field <= 10, 1,0)

sunny_talwar

So, let me clarify... the issue is related to spaces in set analysis... for example

Sum({<Number = {"> 10 < 15"}>} Sales)

vs

Sum({<Number = {">10<15"}>} Sales)

I have not done any testing, but I think first expression won't work because of spaces, while the second one will... when I say it won't work, I mean it will just ignore set analysis on Number field....