Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator

expression

Hi All,

i have the following query i want to write it in my expression by using set analysis

how can we do this...

select sum(DEPOSIT_SUM) from Compliance.SOD_RANK_BY_AA_NOSTATES where BR_ASSESSMENT_AREA='Albany' and name= 'SunTrust Bank'

divided by

select Sum(DEPOSIT_SUM) from Compliance.SOD_RANK_BY_AA_NOSTATES where name= 'SunTrust Bank'

Note**   BR_ASSESSMENT_AREA='Albany' for example i given this ,but i have no.of Assessment Areas. i want to calculate for all

4 Replies
jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try like this

=sum({<BR_ASSESSMENT_AREA={'Albany', ...................}, name= {'SunTrust Bank'}>}DEPOSIT_SUM) /

Sum({<name= {'SunTrust Bank'}>}DEPOSIT_SUM)

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

not quite sure what you want to achieve ,

but i think you don't need set analysis , in set analysis you define values to be selected in the field

why not use a table or a chart where the BR_ASSESSMENT_AREA will be the dimension

and your expression will be sum(DEPOSIT_SUM)/sum(total <name> DEPOSIT_SUM)

this will give you the result you searched above

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can't use set analysis in the script that loads data. If you've already loaded the data and want to create a chart expressions try:

sum({<BR_ASSESSMENT_AREA={'Albany'}, name={'SunTrust Bank'}>}DEPOSIT_SUM) /

sum({<name={'SunTrust Bank'}>}DEPOSIT_SUM).

If you need the show this in a straight table for all areas then use BR_ASSESSMENT_AREA as dimension and use this expression:

sum({<name={'SunTrust Bank'}>}DEPOSIT_SUM) / sum({<name={'SunTrust Bank'}>} total DEPOSIT_SUM)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
rathnam_qv
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Liron,

i have many Assessment Areas..i con't give all names...is there any way the expression should take all assessments areas names on its own