cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rdsuperlike
Creator
Creator

forcing small data values that dont show up in the bar chart

I have a bar chart where by clicking on Chart properties-->expressions-->values on data points, you can see all the values.

Although sometimes you wont see if the value is too small. eg: grey part of the bar chart for 2017 in the pic attached.

I know we can make it appear forcefully by adding formulae in presentation tab -->text in chart.  I tried but it doesn't seem to give correct answer

My expressions and dimensions are as below:

I have below dimension and expressions in the chart properties for bar chart

Dimension: =if("Year" = 'FY-16' or "Year" = 'FY-17', "Fiscal Year")

expr = count(if(TYPE] = 'I' and [Job ] <> 'Direct', [REASON G]))/((count({< [TYPE],[TREASON],[REASON G] = >} (if([Job ]<> 'Direct', [EMPLID]))))/2)

I tried putting below in presentation tab -->text in chart . But doesnt work. basically doesnt give same value as it should give when you hover over the chart:

=num (

(

count(if([TYPE] = 'I' and [Job] <> 'Direct' and [Year] = 'FY-17', [REASON G]))

/

(count({< [TYPE],[TREASON],[REASON G] = >} (if([Job ]<> 'Direct', [EMPLID]))))/2

)

, '#,##0.00%'

)

Can someone help here?

3 Replies
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi..Ria,

You can make a so-called Master Calendar that contains all the dates from min to max date. You generate this in your load script and it is a standard thing that is taught in QlikView classes and the subject of most QlikView books. QlikView Components even have a best-practice "component"/script-function to generate one for you:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/40043

There is a lot of information on this community if you search for Master Calendar - for instance this intro from Michael Tarallo:

Understanding the Master Calendar (video)

sasikanth
Master
Master

HI ria,

You should aggregate the formula based on your dimension. try below one

Num (

Aggr(

(count(if([TYPE] = 'I' and [Job] <> 'Direct' and [Year] = 'FY-17', [REASON G]))

/

(count({< [TYPE],[TREASON],[REASON G] = >} (if([Job ]<> 'Direct', [EMPLID]))))/2 )

,"Fiscal Year")

, '#,##0.00%')

sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Ria,

Please remember to mark this as "helpful" & "correct answer" If your problem has been resolved.

This will help users identify the answers should they come across this thread in the future.

Regard's

Sarvesh Srivastava