cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
everest226
Creator III
Creator III

help with expression

I have following expression on my table . all i want is to show all the amount by the each see date ,  currently i have to select see date to see the value and it will only show the value of selected date, but i want this to be display all by the see date .

dimension is see date 

Sum({<[Request Type]={'SA'},[ Action]={'APP'},[Dep Date]={">$(=[see Date])"},[T Date]={"<$(=[see Date])"}>}[Amount])
-
Sum({<[Request Type]={'CR'},[ Action ]={'APP'},[ Dep Date]={">$(=[see Date])"},[T Date]={"<$(=[see Date])"}>}[Amount])

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure, why this got changed. I just mentioned <= and >= like below
Sum({<[Request Type]={'SA'},[ Action]={'APP'},[Dep Date]={"=[Dep Date]>[see Date]"},[T Date]={"=[T Date]<[see Date]"}>}[Amount])
-
Sum({<[Request Type]={'CR'},[ Action ]={'APP'},
[Dep Date]={"=[Dep Date]>[see Date]"},[T Date]={"=[T Date]<[see Date]"}>}[Amount])
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

For me the expression what you did is quiet wrong, perhaps this? I am just altering your expression to proper syntax

Sum({&lt;[Request Type]={'SA'},[ Action]={'APP'},[Dep Date]={"=[Dep Date]&gt;[see Date]"},[T Date]={"=[T Date]&lt;[see Date]"}&gt;}[Amount])
-
Sum({&lt;[Request Type]={'CR'},[ Action ]={'APP'},
[Dep Date]={"=[Dep Date]&gt;[see Date]"},[T Date]={"=[T Date]&lt;[see Date]"}&gt;}[Amount])
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
everest226
Creator III
Creator III
Author

what is &lt; does in this expression . 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure, why this got changed. I just mentioned <= and >= like below
Sum({<[Request Type]={'SA'},[ Action]={'APP'},[Dep Date]={"=[Dep Date]>[see Date]"},[T Date]={"=[T Date]<[see Date]"}>}[Amount])
-
Sum({<[Request Type]={'CR'},[ Action ]={'APP'},
[Dep Date]={"=[Dep Date]>[see Date]"},[T Date]={"=[T Date]<[see Date]"}>}[Amount])
everest226
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks @Anil_Babu_Samineni

Its gives the same result. but the value only shows when i click viewdate from listbox where as i am trying to show every viewdate value in table .  is it because VIewDate is independent island in data model  which is not linked to any table?

Thanks

Again

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If that table is not associated to any, definitely the only reason is that.