Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how can make a trigger for clean a list box

Hi Experts,

I have two list boxes and I want to clean one  list box depending of the selection of other list box.

somebody can help me.

best regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Is this what you are looking for? PFA

Best,

S

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can set a Field Event trigger (Document properties>Tirggers) "On select" for the field of the second list box. The action wil be "Clear Field" in which you will set the field of the first list box.

Let me know if it's not clear!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

You can use the Document Properties -> Triggers -> Field Event Triggers -> OnSelect -> and any of the actions available.

http://community.qlik.com/message/193568#193568

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Elena thaks for your answer,

in fact I do that but it doesn't work because the field that must clear the list box must be in an specific value.

any idea?

Regards

Not applicable
Author

for example in attached file I want to clean _Account list box when  _CustomReport have selected 'Budget' value

Best Regards.

sunny_talwar

So only if Budget is selected it clears out _Account? or does it clear out on any selection in _CustomReport listbox?

Not applicable
Author

yes only if 'Budget' value is selected.

Best Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can try with the link i have  posted .It might help you

sunny_talwar

Is this what you are looking for? PFA

Best,

S

Not applicable
Author

thanks  rgv rand  in fact I checked but the problema here is that , when I tried to configure some condition in the part of 'ON SELECT' it not Works , I mean if I put only the field that most be cleaned  it Works but when I put some 'IF' statement then it doesn't work.

and why and 'IF' statement, because only want to clean the list box when some value be selected ,I mean not in all selections of the same field.

best regards.