Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srik00001
Contributor III
Contributor III

how do i pass list box selections into a island table list box

Hello,

I have a filter section that acts as a high level filter and then another filter section specific to a table (built using an island table)

How do i pass list box selections from the high level filter into a multi box built using the island table.

I have attached the qvw file.

Your help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Did it for Product_Level1 in your attached qvw. If you select anything in Product_Level1, it will make the same selection in Product_Level1_F1.

PFA

Best,

Sunny

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

You can use triggers to do that

sunny_talwar

Did it for Product_Level1 in your attached qvw. If you select anything in Product_Level1, it will make the same selection in Product_Level1_F1.

PFA

Best,

Sunny

Digvijay_Singh

Thanks sunindia, your posts are helping me a lot in learning QV concepts!

One thing I observed while trying to understand the search string expression that the selected value for Product1_F1 is repeating in selection window specially when first value is selected. I assumed the 'I' concatenation you have used to handle multiple selection in high level filter. I am Pasting below the current selection window I could observe in the qvw shared by you. More insights from you will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

just add DISTINCT in the trigger expression

sunny_talwar

Forgot to put DISTINCT within the concat function

Try this:

='(' & Concat(DISTINCT Product_Level1, '|') & ')'

sunny_talwar

Digvijay Singh‌ I am glad I am able to inspire you to learn new things in QlikView. Not so long ago, I was in the similar boat where I was more of an observant, but over time as I learnt more and more from the community I started sharing and contributing to the community also.

I am sure, over time you will do the same thing by sharing your knowledge with others

Best,

Sunny

Digvijay_Singh

Right, its fine now. Thanks!