Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how exporting Chart's Data to .csv or txt file?

Hi All,

I have a problem with exporting Chart's data to csv or text file... I am working in telecom industry and i have a qlikview file that contain 600 million of data... and in that i create a chart's(straight table) ... users can filter some field and then the result will show in charts... the maximum number of data than can be show in table is 66 million record... i want user can export the chart's data in csv or text file but i cant...

Regards

Sahar

14 Replies
its_anandrjs

Right click on your straight chart >> then use Export option >> then select csv or txt save as type >> and then save file as your appropriate save option.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanx ..but this is not working,,, i have 60  million record in charts and this way is not working and qv file goes to not responding status ... i think maybe some macro will be help me... by the way Thanx:)

Regards

Sahar

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hi,

You can also click  (see below) to export to excel.

Check the format of your data before exporting to ensure that you have expected format in Excel

excport.png

Regards,

its_anandrjs

If data is huge as you say is about the 60 million records then i believe you have to use the STORE function in the load script and export the table as csv format see the sample script for that

RawSource:

Load * From Location;

STORE RawSource into RawSource.csv(txt);

This will store your data as csv file and then any one do analysis on this file. Macro is the option but i believe there is also it takes time and may be error also.

Regards

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Sorry!!

Thank you for this additional info.

How about the resources i.e. RAM (memory for example)?

Did you test  with less than 60m (for example limit the load to 10m and test)?

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hi,

I just found this web site:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/excel-specifications-and-limits-HP005199291.aspx

This could help to understand the issue

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

thanx ..

you mean that i cant export large amount of data directly from charts, because user in UI do some filtering on some dimension and then want to export data... what do you say is store all of data from script!

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Hi Joseph

we have server with 128G ram... i cant even export 10 million:(

Joseph_Musekura
Support
Support

Hi,

The above article shows a limitation for earlier Excel versions vs office 2010. 

is this your case?