Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

how o remove null dates in date column

Hi Team,

i have one  date dimension column and one progress metric column

metric  was created in variable

let us ex:

progress=if(no.ofusers<>o,(no.ofusers/Totalusers),0)

using these two columns i want to create  "DATEofvalues"

condition is:

if particular date have some value then i want to show that date in "DATEofvalues"Column.

other wise i dont want to see that date in "DATEofvalues"Column.

ex:if i have a date like 4/20/2016 12:00:00 pm.if this date having any "progrees" metric value then i want to display that date

if that date dont have any values then i dont want to display the date in "DATEofvalues"Column

Capture.PNG

note:

for getting "DATEofvalues" i dont want use any charts or any objects and i dont want to do in Script.i need that "DATEofvalues" columnn in variable level.if  we need to change in script level then i need "date" coumn and i need "DATEofvalues"  both

regards,

Brahma.

17 Replies
nico_ilog
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

The logic is this:

LOAD

DateField as yourDateField, <-- LOAD the Date field, un-touched so that you have ALL the dates

if(progress = 0,DateField) as DATE_with_noProgress <-- LOAD the Date fields, where the corresponding progress columns are 0 ONLY. Then you have all the dates in the DATE_with_noProgress dimension. The other dates, that do have progress are no included on the field.

if(progress > 0,DateField) as DATE_with_Progress <-- LOAD the Date fields, where the corresponding progress columns are more 0 ONLY. Then you have all the dates in the DATE_with_Progress dimension. The other dates, that do not have progress are no included on the field.

See attached qvw for example.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Excellent

but i need some more clarification on "DATE_with_noProgress".please check attached QVW file.

Capture.PNG

so i need to remove null date  DATE_with_noProgress. (null date means helighted in above screen shot)

Note:

in chart properties -->we can we "supress null","supress missing" some thing like i dont want to use that option.

as of i know  "supress null","supress missing" some thing is also available in  chart properties-->Dimentation-->so i dont want to use this options as well

so with out using above options how to show the  "DATE_with_noProgress" column  in pivots and charts with out "NULL"

let me know if you need any information.

Regards,

Bobs

nico_ilog
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Bob,

I think the suppress NULL in the dimension properties was created for this exact use case.

Nevertheless, See attached.

I changed the way in which the Data is displayed into the chart, expression side.

Let me know if it works for you.

Otherwise i would recommend building in FLAGS into the load script.

Nico

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Nope

note:

in table or chart level i dont want use "supress" or "null missing" or any hiding null options

regards,

bBBy

nico_ilog
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I Honestly do not think that it's possible.

I tried adding this into the load but still does not work.

The only other thing you can try and do is in the [Presentation] tab, where it says use the following symbol to represent NULL values and it has "-".

Remove that symbol and leave it blank then it will not show a character.

Nico

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

nope ..see already i mentioned i dont want do  any thing in charts or pivot level.

i want to put that restrict in column Level  only ...

is there any other options Nico Manro Oberholzer????

Regards,

Bobb

nico_ilog
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I am not too sure.

Depending on the business case of your QV implementation, i would try a different approach to the problem as seen in the attached.

Other than that, i'm out of ideas.

Nico

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

any way some time we will definitely get answer.thanks Nico Manro Oberholzer for spending your time on my issues and you gave good ideas as well