Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msmichael
Creator
Creator

how to create such a bar chart (group and stacked?)

Hi expert,

I need to create such a bar chart like below, it's kinda like a bar chart that displays our total inventory number in 2017 and in 2018, also displays the numbers added in 2018 and numbers removed. Specially for the number of added items, we want to see details... Could anyone give me some ideas on how to create such a bar chart in QV?

bar.png

Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution
6 Replies
jobsonkjoseph
Creator III
Creator III

The chart you've attached is waterfall chart. For creating a stacked bar chart, there should be minimum of 2 dimensions and 1 expression. If there are 3 dimensions then QV automatically turns it into stacked bar chart.
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Thanks a lot for the links. They are very helpful. Now I know how to create a waterfall chart. Another question is how to put the texts next to the bars? like the red arrow part in below screenshot?

bar.png

Gysbert_Wassenaar

In Qlikview you can try to use text boxes. Either the in chart ones that you can add on the Presentation tab of the charts properties window or the regular text boxes. Neither will work very well since they won't move when the values and sizes of the bars and bar segments change as a result of new data or user selections. I'd use a separate legend instead.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you Jobsonkjoseph, this is very helpful! 

msmichael
Creator
Creator
Author

got it. will use a separate legend. thank you very much Gysbert for your help! I appreciate it!