Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to lock filtering in one chart on the sheet and not in the other objects

Hello Qlik Fellaz!

I got a problem with one chart. I'd like to completely lock filtering in one chart but just in this one object on the sheet. Rest of them I want to have like default. I tried using set analysis like

{<Field =>}

but it didn't give the result i want. Is there any other way to lock field selection on the chart (for example in object properties) to achieve it?

thanks in advance guys!

peace!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need to add the set modifier to all the aggregation functions, even the implicit ones which you have to make explicit ones. See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Create a new alternate state on the General tab of the Document Properties window. Then assign the new alternate state to your chart on the General tab of the charts properties window. Next put a transparent text box over your chart to prevent users from clicking in the chart.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert!

That's exactly what i wanted. One thing i just made in other way. In place where you recommend to put a transparent  text box to prevent users from clicking i just ticked the "Read only" option in chart properties "General" tab.

But anyway it's great idea to achieve this efect.

Thanks a lot!

Have a nice day

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Yes, that will work fine for charts. But not every object has a Read Only setting. In those cases you can use the text box trick.

Have a nice day.

Not applicable
Author

Hi ones again!

Sorry but now after testing this solution i see that it's not exactly this efect which i wanted to have. After using alternate state i lock possibility to filter data in only one chart but on every fields. I wanted to lock filtering just one field. Is it possible to do this?

Sorry for confusion

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can lock a field, but not for one object. To make an object ignore selections in one field you can use set analysis expression. You mentioned that that doesn't work like you expect. Can you post an example that demonstrates the problem?

neha_sri
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

You can use combination of both set analysis and alternate state.

May be that can work for you.

Regards,

Neha

Not applicable
Author

ok so i already prepared the data and app with chart where i want to lock the selections for one field

this chart is a funnel chart and it shows the clients' migration. we look on the beginning of the marked date and we check in which stage_of_cooperation client is, then we check the very end of the marked date and again we check in which stage_of_cooperation. if between this two dates clients changed stage_of_migration it doesn't matter. We look only on the very beginning and very end.

the green bar shows clients who in the beginning of the marked date where in this one stage_of_cooperation and in the very end they where in another ( so they left this one stage_of_cooperation )

the red bar shows clients who in the beginning and in the end of the marked date where in the same stage_of_cooperation

the yellow baw shows clients who in the beginning where in some stage_of_cooperation and in the end of marked date  they are in this one stage_of_cooperation ( so they are added to stage_of_cooperation )

this means that always sum of green bars and sum of yellow bars will be the same. it equals.

the field i want to have locked is "stage_of_cooperation"  why? because when user filter stages of cooperation the result is not correct. it's not looking on the very beginning and the very end of the marked date but is looking in marked date for clients who were in marked stages. So it doesn't make sense anymore. This what it got to show is strictly results based on dates.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You need to add the set modifier to all the aggregation functions, even the implicit ones which you have to make explicit ones. See attached qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert!

it works perfectly. i tried it before but one place where i missed this phrase was:

total<ID> nr_of_stage_of_cooperation)= only({<stage_of_cooperation>}nr_of_stage_of_cooperation),1,0)

and that's why it didn't work correctly. now when i added this phrase it's great. that's what i wanted.

thank you ones again

have a nice day!