cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to not show the excluded value in a list box,

Hii All,

I know that we have an option in listbox properties by hide excluded option,

But if i am doing this the grey colored portion is shown by the listbox for unselected value,

I want to remove that colored portion as well.

My task is that the selection of field is done by the buttons,

i have multiple buttons to select some particular field in each button,

which is showing the selected result in a common listbox,

but the problem is that i want to show only the selected portion related to my field selection from the button, but it is showing me the listbox with the grey portion related to unselected values.

Please Help how can i remove it,

Thanks and Regards in Advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I replied without reading the entire post. Try:

List box expression : Aggr(YourField, YourField)

View solution in original post

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

General tab -> hide excluded

Not applicable
Author

Hii Tresesco,

Thanks for Instant Reply,

But i applied this option due to which i am getting some selected value with some grey colored space for unselected values.

The main problem was this please go through the question again and help me regarding this.

Thanks.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

The way to do this is to create a straight table, with the field as a dimension and an expression of =1. Then hide the expression.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Sorry, I replied without reading the entire post. Try:

List box expression : Aggr(YourField, YourField)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tresesco.

Prabhu
Creator
Creator

But, in case of check box selection, when i select one value it is hiding remaining values though the data is present.

It's not allowing to select multiple values. Could you pls help?

harsh44_bhatia
Creator
Creator

Lets say we have a field called [%Measure_Label] and another flag field  [%Measure_External_Flag] which has values 1,0 and works in Tandem with the %Measure_Label.

Based on Internal External Flag we would show the list values to the user.

if the user is Internal who should see all fields the set analysis variable vInternal_External_Selection should evaluate to *

and if  user is External who should see fields  with flag value 1 the set analysis variable vInternal_External_Selection should evaluate to 1

=aggr(only({1<[%Measure_External_Flag]={$(vInternal_External_Selection)}>}[%Measure_Label]),[%Measure_Label])