Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

how to resolve.... -

Dear All,

I have fact table called FactA and it has multiple customer suppose more that 2000 as customer_name

I want link one dimension table called DimA to FactA  and it has two column say cust1 and cust2

cust1 have 300 customer and  cust2 have grouping of that like below and I also link these two table.

cust.png

But my difficulties is that when I am taking cust2 then in my strainght or pivot table showing on '-' because of that entire 2000 customer 

so how remove or solve these issue.

Please advise .

8 Replies
Not applicable

i am not able to understand clearly can you please attach some sample data of your application and tell exactly whats the problem qlikview7799

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I am not sure what you mean. I suggest you post a sample with some representative data that illustrates your issue and will aid in resolving the problem.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Kushal_Chawda

Do you have CustID in your fact or Dimension Table.. if yes then do the link on custid

Not applicable

Hi

You need to use the transformation step on your source data and fill in the groupings for each customer.

Example:

LOAD Cust1,

Cust2

FROM

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1, filters(

Replace(2, bottom, StrCnd(null))

));

This will take the second column and fill the merged cell's so that each customer in Cust1 will have a valid grouping under Cust2 - you should then be able to link them as required without the straight table showing '-'

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Kush,

I dont have any custId for DimA  table but I have custNo for FactA table.

I link above table with CustomerName key.

Thanks

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Grant,

I already did this but when am taking Cust2 (grouped column) then its showing me - .

Thanks

Not applicable

Hi

You will need to give us more details such as expression used or a sample of your app in order to assist further.  The display of '-' usually means there is either multiple information that could be displayed but QV doesnt know how / what you want to display and the expression used is trying to combine them or there is no data to display based on the expression used.

From my understanding on the info provided, you would need a structure like Cust2 (Group) -> selects the relevant Cust1 (Customers) -> shows results for those customers from FACTA...

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

PFA...