Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to use SET Analysis for selecting data

Hi everybody

I got a difficult question and after trying it for a few hours... you guys are my last hope.

The Idea is simple, I want to do a selection using the result of an expression. The statement below is placed as expression in a straight table chart where the result field of the expression (Cases.CASE_NR) is also the dimension. The table is now looks like a listbox of the Field "Cases.CASE_NR" and, like in a list box, I'd like to do something like "select possible" which of course doesn't work for a table chart.

(Table has the Fields Cases.CASE_NR, Cases.STATUS_NR, Cases.VALID_FROM, Cases.VALID_TO and is part of a Data warehouse)

=only({$<Cases.CASE_NR = E({1<Cases.STATUS_NR-={22},Cases.VALID_FROM={"<=01.02.2007"},Cases.VALID_TO={">=01.01.2007"}>}),Cases.STATUS_NR={22},Cases.VALID_FROM={"<=01.02.2007"},Cases.VALID_TO={">=01.01.2007"}>}Cases.CASE_NR)

The only thing I came up with so far is to write a macro that runs through the whole chart and selects each and every single CASE_NR with a do - loop.

A few things you need to know:
The expression has to be done with SET because it's not possible otherwise (I'm using indirect SET) and I also cant flag the records because the date which is now a specific one is going to be replaced by variables (so is the Cases.STATUS_NR).
The number of records in the table that qualifies for selection will be up to 1.5 millions, so it's an performance issue too. (The whole Table "Cases" has more than 35 million records)

If there is an "QlikView way" to use the result of an expression to select data, then I'm sure that I'll get it here or nowhere!

Kind regards and thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

So, if you could select values of CASE_NR that would work for you?

Did you try opening up the Advanced Search window and pasting your expression in there? To open Advanced Search right-click on a listbox or multibox for the CASE_NR field. Advanced Search should be able to select values of the field based on your expression (assuming that there's no syntax errors in the expression).

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

So, if you could select values of CASE_NR that would work for you?

Did you try opening up the Advanced Search window and pasting your expression in there? To open Advanced Search right-click on a listbox or multibox for the CASE_NR field. Advanced Search should be able to select values of the field based on your expression (assuming that there's no syntax errors in the expression).

Not applicable
Author

It's working! Just copied my monster-SET into Advanced Search and got the same result as shown in the Chart!

I guess, that's it Yes

Thank you!