Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II

if with sum caused an issue

Hi All,

I am using below expression

if(Dimensionality()=0,$(vInvTurnsCalc)/$(vDivide),(sum(Cogs_Value_USD)*-1)/If((Divide/12), vBasePrice,((vBasePrice+Sum(InventoryValue_USD))/2))/(Divide/12)*12)

where

vBasePrice=Sum({<Month_Turns = {'Jun'}>}InventoryValue_USD)

it seems that sum within if causing issue.

Data is not displayed in table properly it is showing 0.00 after applying number formatting.

When I can remove the number formatting it is showing as excepted.

Please suggest.

Can you please suggest what would be expression for this .

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you need to explain in some detail what you are trying to achieve with this calculation. It looks pretty confusing to me and perhaps it could be simplified.

Also, please write the expression without using variables. Let's get that working correctly first, and one its working you can look at which parts can and should be replaced with a variable value or variable expansion.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

12 Replies
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

Can you please suggest how to use sum before if condition here.

Thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

First bifurcate from long expression to short expression. And check whether the num() format which you define.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi All,

pfa.

I HAVE ATTACHED THE SAMPLE FILE.

Isum with if condition is not working it can shows all values as o.oo.

When I select any of part number values is displayes.

Thanks

Anil_Babu_Samineni

It's because Denominator issue as you are storing FieldName into variable. Qlikview can not understand the which value need to be calculated for that we have Sum, Count, Max, Avg and Min ...

So, Consider as

Value

And, Expression never return using Sum(Value)/Value // Throws nullify because we are denominate with single field not any aggregate function .. Does it make sense?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Can you please suggest ,what would be the change.Because after removing varialbe and using expr have the same issue.

thanks

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi all,

Can you please suggest on this.

Thanks.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think you need to explain in some detail what you are trying to achieve with this calculation. It looks pretty confusing to me and perhaps it could be simplified.

Also, please write the expression without using variables. Let's get that working correctly first, and one its working you can look at which parts can and should be replaced with a variable value or variable expansion.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Not sure how i can suggest you, What are you trying with demonstration?

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi John,

thanks for the response,

In pivot table expression  for total row

if Dimensionality=0  then if(Dimensionality()=0,$(vInvTurnsCalc)/$(vDivide)

where  vInvTurnsCalc is sum of the fiels from backend without the rolling sum.

we have divide field for jun =12

july =24

aug=36

sum(Cogs_Value_USD) is summation of three fields from backend.

base price is the price for (InventoryValue_USD) for the month of jun.

we need to divide summation of cogs value by jun price if month if jun

and if month is july then value forbase price would be jun+jul

If((Divide=12), vBasePrice,((vBasePrice+Sum(InventoryValue_USD)

(Divide/12)*12)-this logic is as per tranformation written in excel.

so below is my formula

if(Dimensionality()=0,$(vInvTurnsCalc)/$(vDivide),(sum(Cogs_Value_USD)*-1)/If((Divide=12), vBasePrice,((vBasePrice+Sum(InventoryValue_USD))/2))/(Divide/12)*12)

but it is not working in defauly view shows only 0.00.

thanks