cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III

inputsum doesn't change--always shows zero

What would be some potential reasons an inputsum(X) or inputavg(X) in a straight table would always show zero and NOT allow me to change that zero to something new?

In my script I load everything for my main table first and then at the END of the script I simply join this input table by ID so i have the ability to input anything i want in X to affect other calculations.

INPUTFIELD X;

Inputs:

load [ID],

1 as X

Resident MainTable;

But when I add the expression inputsum(X) to my straight table, it just shows ZEROS everywhere and when I enter a new value, like 50, it just goes right back to zero.

What would cause this? Does the INPUTFIELD declaration have to occur earlier in script? Missing modifiers? I am lost and cant find anything on here that address this particular issue.

2 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Should work as intended.

Could you upload a small sample QVW that demonstrates your issue?

jjohnstonti618
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got the input arrow to work.  My only issue now is that is doesnt seem to allow me to replace an initial input with a new one with automatically summing or averaging all the other inputs in the same table.

For example, if I input 50% in the totals column it correctly applies 50% to every row in that table.  But then if I want to change any of the input cells from 50% to 25%, it starts showing averages for everything else based on the change instead of keeping everything the same.  I dunno, maybe that is how this function is supposed to work...I was hoping I could manually enter whatever number I want for every single row without it affecting other rows in the table