Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

interactive sort with RowNo(Total) does not work

I add the expression RowNo(Total) to a table and the interactive sort on all other expressions does not work anymore.

Please see attached example.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Daniel

PS: there is as similar question, suggesting to remove the text-sort criteria - which does not solve my problem.

17 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

Don't know if this is a bug but it's documented in the Reference Manual under the RowNo() that charts will not be ordered by Y value nor straight tables by expressions.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

I know you've probably figured out another workaround by now, but I wanted to offer a suggestion that I just tried and worked.

I added an Expression that does a Count(Distinct ID) of a unique field in the straight table. In my case, it is an ID. I chose the Full Accumulation box for this Expression. This solves the Row # problem and allows all Expressions to be sorted.

Thanks,

Aline Koch

Not applicable
Author

this is working well.but u have to sort by expression sum(sales) desc

thanks a lot

Not applicable
Author

Alternatively you can add an expression "=1" with Full Accumulation to get the same result.

Lionel

Not applicable
Author

Aline.Koch and LionelBdv: Thank you for your responses! They worked great for me for this problem

m_m_fr
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Everyone,

and Hi Aline.Koch and LionelBdv,

I'm having the same issue :

I added a RowNo(Total) Expression in order to put a number on each line, but impossible to sort my expressions.

=> Can you send me a QV app to see how you manage to succeed ?

Thank you.

shokyee4869
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Could you provide an example or sample? We would like to know how you solve this problem.

Thank you

somebody555
Contributor
Contributor

I have same problem with RowNo(TOTAL)

And I cannot add Full Accumulation (I have  more that two dimension in table).

Please help!