Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

killing qv.exe process through batch file

Hi all,

Currently i'm running th qlikview file through batch file with below command for every 30 minutes.

"C:\QlikView\Program Files\qv.exe" /r "C:\EAT_V4.2\DataExtractor\DataExtractor30Minutes.qvw"

Now i'm facing the problem in task manger --> Process tab , it is holding the old qv.exe. Because of this after some time period qlikview got stop working to open or run batch files. But after killing the old process Manually again its getting working.

Is there any command for killing the old qv.exe process in taskmanager through  BATCH file ?

Thanks in advance.

13 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You dont have to kill the QV.exe.

Log in to the service account, open qlikview, in USER PREFERENCES, uncheck "Keep Progress open after reload"

I did it this way, it works.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you nicksatch.

Yes it is working fine now.

Please can i know is there any chance of killing process qv.exe through batch file command ?

Thanks in advance.

Not applicable
Author

I used to use kill.exe

google should have it.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I use the line

tskill qv

in a similar batch file for the same reason. tskill is a utiity in Windows XP Pro and in various editions of Windows 7.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thank you nicksatch.

Not applicable
Author

hi jonathan,

Whether tskill qv command will work on windows server operating system ?

Thanks in advance.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I have not tested that on Server. I suggest that you google "tskill windows server" or similar.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may need taskkill.exe on Windows Server 2000, 2003, 2008. Check this url:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725602(v=ws.10).aspx

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Just curious, notice you are using qv.exe.

You probably need to perform the lic leasing every 30 days with yours service account?

But did you try using QVDistribution.exe?